Subject: [Leica] where oh where is the DMR? (Well stocked shops)
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Jun 30 04:50:03 2005

Joseph,

I'm very impressed about your stock! Do you have a physical or a virtual
shop? Or word-of-mouth advertising only?

You're right, most dealers here have a low stock. There's only one in town
I would expect to have the full Leica product range in stock (Ganz at
Rennweg), the others might have a very basic assortment. But full stocks
means higher storage costs and less margin, and this in a shrinking market
segment (at least for film cameras).

Does your favourite watch dealer have all of the newest Rolex watches? A
friend of mine, who works in the ad company for Rolex, told me some models
(like the green 50 years Submariner for instance) are artificially
dispersed in very low quantities to keep their rareness. Here in Zurich you
wait at least one year to get one.

Didier

Message from joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] where oh where is the DMR?)