Subject: [Leica] where oh where is the DMR?
From: jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner)
Date: Tue Jun 28 15:53:32 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 2:13 PM, Joseph Yao wrote:

> The number of Leica dealers in Zurich is indeed impressive for a
> relatively
> small population.  However, do you know how well-stocked they are?
> From my
> personal experience, I find dealers in the west often do not stock
> very
> much, and anything more than 'bread-n-butter' level have to be
> ordered.  I
> am a small player but I have almost all the Leica items in stock,
> amount to
> US$2-3m at a time.  And I am by no means the exception.  Another
> example is
> my favourite watch dealer here, they have at least 500 Rolex
> watches in
> stock at any one time.

Your operation sounds a WHOLE lot better than the "best" Pro store
here in Cleveland, Ohio, where two listmembers, at my suggestion,
bought two 50mm Summilux ASPH's, I bought an MP, 35mm 'lux, 90mm,
cron AA, and so forth and have YET to restock ANY of it.

It's like they don't WANT to sell Leicas. At all.

Idjits.

JD