Subject: [Leica] OT: Krakow
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Jun 29 05:40:06 2005

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> In a few weeks I'll be going to Krakow. I don't have a strict time
> schedule yet (nor will it ever become particularly strict when it
> materializes) but I'd like to hear about tips on where to stay. I
> don't want to stay in a franchise hotel, but am more interested in a
> guest-house, bed-and-breakfast or a small hotel.
>
> Any tips from those who have been there?
>
> I'm looking at the train schedules from G?teborg and the trip will
> take me through Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hannover, Warszawa and finally
> Krakow. If I try and do it as quick as possible it will take 24 hours
> (and I'll be worrying about being 10 minutes late here and there and
> missing connections) so I'm open for ideas about killing time along
> the way. Warszawa, of course. I've never been to Hannover.
>
> Daniel

Daniel,

If you are going by train at this time of year the trainsd should run well
time. If you can work thee route to give you the opportunity stop on the
Baltic
coast - relatively little known to non-Poles and having a wide variety of
photo
opps from Hanseatic ports to wonderful, relatively unspoilt beaches at
places
like Sopot, to interesting people. Warsaw is well, largely like a lot of
other
cities IMHO.

Krakow is something else altogether, but then my family are from there so I
am
biased! You might try The Royal (Moderate, Polish-style) Krak?w, 26-29 Sw.
Gertruda Str, near The Wawel.

http://www.travelpoland.com/krakow_hotel_royal.html

My mother uses it quite a bit but hasn't stayed there for a few years. I
don't
know it.

have a good journey,

Peter