Subject: [Leica] flash cards
From: leowesson at charter.net (leo)
Date: Thu Jun 23 21:08:29 2005

someone said:

 > Cards wear out from insertion and removal which wears away the
 > contact points.  Solid state devices change states depending on which
 > direction the current is going.  They aren't physical switches.  No
 > mechanical parts to break or wear out.
 >
 >    Jeez this is basic electronics.

someone else said:

I have not studied electronics formally. However, I do wonder about
the discrepancy that exists between what Suzan has written and what
manufacturers are stating. As mentioned in the article I linked
earlier, manufacturers state that the write/erase cycles of flash
cards are, indeed, definite. That is, they will eventually burn out,
wear out, give up, etc (pick your favorite way of saying "they will
stop working.")

this is from another forum.

question: do flash cards wear out from use?

just curious.

leo

Replies: Reply from gwlists at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] flash cards)