Subject: [Leica] You do make backups, don't you?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 22 03:43:56 2005

Which is probably good because you would need to find drivers for all those
old devices.  The drivers may not exist on the new operating systems.
Legacy devices are not fully guaranteed to work when you need them  It is
best to copy all old file format devices forward to the newest device
formats to retain for the long term.,  It takes time, but it is a real
requirement.

Frank Filippone

Beside that I have closet full with x-hundred's of CD's, ZIPs, JAZs, DVD's,
backup tapes, several devices and hard discs from the past 15 years. But my
experience is that I do not need anything of my old data.

Didier