Subject: [Leica] bullshit detection assistance
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Jun 18 15:15:10 2005

Reminds me of a scam perpetuated by our ex-college president from 20
years ago. After a stint in prison for income tax evasion, he started
Colgate University of Louisiana, apparently located in a Mail Boxes,
etc. (at least that was its mailing address). He needed an impressive
looking building for the brochure, so he used a picture of Notre Dame
Cathedral. The real Colgate University discovered what he was doing and
told him to cease and desist. He countered that it wasn't an
infringement since *his* university was spelled like the toothpaste(!).
I suppose he should have played it safe and called his school Gleem
University or Ipana University.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com