Subject: [Leica] Public v. Private
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sat Jun 18 08:24:52 2005

Brian Reid wrote:

It's easy to be gracious. If what you have to say is fundamentally
positive, say it in public (to the entire list). If what you have to
say is fundamentally negative, say it privately, just to the
photographer, without embarrassing him or her in front of the entire
LUG.

I just was able to get to this message.

I couldn't agree more, as I have said privately to others. Generally,
if I cannot be complimentary, I keep quiet. What I find most
irritating are the comments made on the Leica list, which may be
critical- I've had a few- fortunately there is a "hide" control. I do
not see the point of public crticism. Are those comments supposed to
show the erudition of the critic? Brian, you have hit it on the
button.

vroger