Subject: [Leica] Print prices
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sun Jun 12 07:13:30 2005

Nathan wrote:

"The prints I offer for sale on photodeluge.com are also priced in terms
of size, for a couple of reasons:

1) The lab I use (s-Color in Amsterdam) charges higher prices for larger
prints, so if I want to keep a certain profit margin, I have to do likewise;

2) Even if cost were the same, I would still charge more for larger
prints, simply because people tend to be willing to pay more for a
larger print, other things being equal. Selling prints is a commercial
enterprise, not charity, so why not charge what the market can bear?
That is how our economic system works."

Obviously this logic is impeccable. The amount of mental work it takes
to decide which prints are salable, the amount of work it took, over
the years to get to this point- these are all items which should be
figured in. I look askance at young inexperienced photogs who charge
very high prices for their photography. On the nother hand , if they
can get it (and they often do) more power to them. vroger