Subject: [Leica] Run on Leica R lenses :-)
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 16 05:02:06 2005

Peter,

I have tried the DMR, at last year's Photokina, and found it to be a
disaster from an ergonomic point of view. To put my eye close to the
viewfinder I had to squish my mouth against the DMR. Your results are
nice, but I do not see that they are superior to Canon DSLRs. Issues
like colour rendition can be handled during RAW conversion.

I really think that Leica is wasting time and money on the DMR. It is
not going to be competitive in the market, when it costs more than the
Canon 1D Mark II.

I am truly sceptical about Leica's ability to produce digital bodies,
given the product cycles in that business. I hope to be proven wrong. If
the digital M comes out next year, I will take a very good look at
it--if it comes with 2006 technology and at prices that make sense in
the 2006 market.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands