Subject: [Leica] Run on Leica R lenses :-)
From: pwerner at bluewin.ch (Peter Werner)
Date: Thu Jun 16 01:43:39 2005

Nathan,

>Leica
> would be a lot better off if they dumped the bodies (certainly on the
> side)

You have not tried the DMR. It gives superb results that are not equaled
by my 20D. While there are some differences in sharpness and noise, the
main difference for me lies in the color rendition.

I perceive the Canon colors as cold, aggressive, neon-like with the
Leica giving warmer, more subdued, pastel-like colors. A bit like
Kodachrome vs. Ektachrome. Of course, some people prefer flashier
colors. For me, the Leica color rendition is the one I am happy with.

And, of course, Leica lenses are integrated with the body: a superb
viewer that you can really use for critical focusing and composition,
full aperture TTL exposure measurement, and no adapter rings.

You may have sold me your R8 accessories too early...

You can see some photos I uploaded, including their RAW files on
www.leicaphoto.net .

Cheers,
Peter

Stephen