Subject: [Leica] Re: Darkroom Focusing
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Wed Jun 15 21:06:44 2005

Feli wrote:
>Ok, now here is a really simple question. How do you
>guys focus your enlarger?

>For years I've done it like this. Open up to f2.8, focus,
>stop down to about f8 or f11 and print.

>Anyone?

>feli
Feli, I used to focus and print with the lens set at the
"optimum aperture" (usually 2 stops from wide open)
This eliminates any focus shift that sometimes occurs
with aperture changes (more pronounced in cheaper
glass).  If you have a relatively fast enlarger lens, and
a good grain focuser no problem!

Montie