Subject: [Leica] Budding photographer...
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue Jun 14 08:18:57 2005

Here are some examples of HP5 ASA 800 in HC110, 1:32 , 70F for 9minutes,60
second initial agitation then 5 seconds every minute.  The HP5 tends to be
a lower contrast film so it pushes well for lower contrast lenses.  The
weaker dilutions aren't necessary unless you need to decrease the
development time  when using slow films or increase it  due to the use of
alternative processing such as water bath development.  I've found you can
get the same CI at any dilution by changing the time.  The results are
identical if the process remains consistent.  The hardest part is decanting
the appropriate volume of syrup.  I use an electric pipette apparatus and
dilutions which are convenient, (ie. 12:488 for FP4, 15:485 for HP5 at 800
adjusting dilutions to keep the development times between 7 and 10
minutes.  At first my results were shaky due to processing issues.  The
results were bad enough to send me onto other developers for a full year,
then I came back and discovered that less agitation was the key.    One
must work to find the sweet spot between the dilution, development time ,
ASA and agitation.  It is worth the extra initial effort but once there you
can rest, be content and scoff at your digital B&W friends.

http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Macro/Macro%20Pages/flower%20Page%2030.htm
http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2005/bs077.htm
DR Summicron

http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2005/bs079.htm