Subject: [Leica] Re: Zeiss Ikon Limited Edition Camera
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Sat Jun 11 10:49:42 2005

Jeff Smith wrote:
>Sort of wrong. Cosina is manufacturing several of the lenses, but they
>are designed by Zeiss. Completely different from the Cosina Voigtlander
>glass. Cosina has manufactured Zeiss lenses for Rollei in the past, but
>they were also designed by Zeiss.

Thanks for the insight Jeff.  Now, that's got my attention!  I'm not a
lens expert, but I'm wondering if it's fair to expect that the new Zeiss
line-up will out-perform some/most/all/ of the CV recent offerings?
It appears the price will be somewhat higher so we'll have to see if
we get the "bang for the buck".  The MTF curves on their site
would have told me more had I something to compare them to.

Montie

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: Zeiss Ikon Limited Edition Camera)