Subject: [Leica] Re: Lenses and grain
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Sun Jun 12 18:18:29 2005

Feli wrote:
>Now, call me crazy, but I swear that the grain is more
>pronounced with the current Cron, than with the DR.
>I wonder if this is do to the higher contrast fingerprint
>of the current Cron. Perhaps it is a micro contrast issue?
>In that respect the DR is a lot more mellow than the
>current Cron.

>Anyone?

Feli, assuming your conclusion is based on one scene
shot on one roll with the same exposure for all three
lenses, then you may be right about the higher contrast
fingerprint.  I don't own the current cron but I've read
the contrast is higher. If that's true it would certainly
stand to reason that, under enlargement, the "appearance
of grain" would be greater.

Montie

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Re: Lenses and grain)