Subject: [Leica] One of the advantages of digital
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Thu Jun 9 07:19:33 2005

Kodachromes were coated with a protective layer after processing. There are
known
instances of that layer deteriorating. Not sure if this may be the case with
your
slides as I'm not sure just what it looks like. Other commercially processed
slides
may have been overcoated as well. Just something to consider. I think the
coating
can be removed but have not had any reason to research it.