Subject: [Leica] Pet shots
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jun 8 01:44:13 2005

Thanks B. D., Tina, Montie[,] and Frank.

He'd been with us for 11 years and was never gone more than a night. I
kind of fear the worst (a fox). Right now my hope is that he jumped into
a car in the morning (he would do that) and it wasn't noticed until the
car had gotten far away and it is taking him time to get home.

He's marked with solid id's (a tattoo in his ear) so he can't lose a
collar or anything like that.

There's always hope, ole Pandora's box, hope. The curse of humanity.

I haven't given up. Can't do that. Can't face that.

The neighbor's cat has adopted us now. Doesn't get a crumb of food but
enjoys our company. Stands outside the bedroom window at 4 am crying to
be let in (we have a door out from our bedroom).

Can't help but feel the pain for all of those young men and women that
don't come home. Keep trying to realize that I still have a lot of
things to be happy about.

Best,
Daniel

(Had to run off to the office, in Oslo, so I've been quiet. Sorry for
the delayed thanks).