Subject: [Leica] Birds, tight crop - Does this work?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Jun 6 02:09:13 2005

Hello all,
I've been trying to get some more light and colour into this rather drab
shot.
Shooting parameters: Canon 20D + Novoflex 5,6/400mm at 5,6, ISO 800

For the first time I've been using "color dodge" and some other
paint-brush functions in PS Elements 3.0, and, to be honest, I'm not
quite sure if it works.
Any suggestions on how to do it better or another method would be more
than welcome. I tried "shadow/highlight" correction but it didn't look
right to me.

Original cropped frame
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Tits
Tight crop and processing
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Tight_crop

Also, has anyone else using a 20D noticed heavy (mostly red) fringing
around the edges of the darker parts of the image when using high ISO
values (800-1600)and shooting against the light?

TIA
Douglas

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] Re: Birds, tight crop - Does this work?)