Subject: [Leica] Car Prices
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Sat Jun 4 23:58:16 2005

My previous Porsche 928S4 also defaulted to start in 2nd gear when left in
'D'.  I believe the transmission was supplied by Mercedes.  Its 1st gear was
too low for a normal start - the immense torque of the V8 would propel the
car forward briskly in 2nd gear.

Like the Cayenne, the 928 was a better car with automatic transmission.
OTOH, I prefer the 964, 968, 993, 996, 997 and 986 with a standard manual
transmission.

Joseph