Subject: [Leica] Too much inventory
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Jun 2 10:54:29 2005

You are correct regardless of the % of the sales in any one currency.

I agree with you even more strongly in the selling the company.  In this
particular case, the authorization to sell off more new stock is basically
asking for someone to preserve the company and to capitalize the company.  I
bet Hermes will bail as soon as it is possible.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Hi Frank:

assuming the major market is in $ (independent how accounting works):

- costs in Euro
- revenue in $
- $ sinks vs Euro
-> prices must go up to make profit. Assuming the market takes it.

The $ sank drastically vs the Euro H2/2004

I think it is possible that Leica is trying to cut costs and _then_
sell the company. Reducing inventory is a popular way of doing
so (and become more flexible).

Regards,

Roland.

Replies: Reply from creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring) ([Leica] Too much inventory)