Subject: [Leica] Too much inventory
From: ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter)
Date: Thu Jun 2 10:44:42 2005

Hi Frank:

assuming the major market is in $ (independent how accounting works):

- costs in Euro
- revenue in $
- $ sinks vs Euro
-> prices must go up to make profit. Assuming the market takes it.

The $ sank drastically vs the Euro H2/2004

I think it is possible that Leica is trying to cut costs and _then_
sell the company. Reducing inventory is a popular way of doing
so (and become more flexible).

Regards,

Roland.