Subject: [Leica] Albino Spider
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon May 30 13:53:36 2005

Douglas Sharp wrote:

> I think it's a European Garden Spider turned white. Taken with a 2/50mm
> Summicron-R lens, I went back into the house to get my macro lens and of
> course the beast had disappeared by the time I got back, about 1.5
> minutes! All Canon 20D with Leica lenses.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Spider_1
> and a couple of flowers which have managed to survive the heatwave over
> the last couple of days
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Garden_1
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Garden_2
>
> 33 C in the shade yesterday (I make that 91.4 F ,if my school maths is
> correct: divide by 5, multiply by 9 and add 32 I think)
> And a re-scanned Yorkshire Rose from many years ago
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Roses_1
>

> cheers
> Douglas

we had something similar on an Iris the other day, my son found it;
described it
as a "glow in the dark spider" because it looked a pale radium colour - like
luminous watch (old style). Size was much smaller maybe 5mm across.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] Albino Spider)