Subject: [Leica] CL & M5...Surely You Jest!
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Mon May 30 12:46:25 2005

I must demur.  I bought a new Leica CL in 1974 and tried my very best to
love it.  For many reasons one can find in the archives, I ended up
hating it.  It must be said, however, that the build of the CL was not
even remotely close to the build of M series Leicas.  The CL was prone
to collect dust and moisture on the interior because it was not well
sealed.  The shutter speed dial was an exceptionally bad design and was
poorly placed.  Generally, the CL just isn't built like a Leica and,
while it does resemble the M5 in concept, it isn't remotely in the same
league.

        Buzz Hausner