Subject: [Leica] Another camera classic bites the dust
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun May 29 20:32:15 2005

At 08:27 PM 5/27/05 +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>I am with Luis on this one. I have never understood the attraction of
>the likes of Lomo, Lensbaby, Holga etc. If someone needs to use inferior
>  equipment for economic reasons, that's one thing (and many great
>images have been produced by people in this category). But deliberately
>using what amounts to a Coke bottle bottom to make pictures and then
>claiming it to be ART or whatever, well...
>
>Suffice it to say that the Lomo will not be missed here.

Natehan

I missed the reference to the original article.  What precisely is happening?

LOMO is a world player in precision scientific apparatus, especially in
micrography, and it was LOMO who constructed and figured the mirror for the
Soviet 236" (6m) reflector which so astonished the astronomical world four
decades back.  Cameras were a very minor part of the business of a really
big optical comapany.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!