Subject: [Leica] Opinions for a trip to N.Y.
From: max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld)
Date: Sun May 29 09:23:35 2005

Mark,

Re-read the question.  Luis did not ask my opinion of a 135.  If he had, I
would have sung the praises of my bug-eye Elmarit, which I use quite a bit.
But not in the city.  It's too short for architectural details, too long for
street life.  Shooting in the city is about being quick and inconspicuous,
and involves a lot of walking.  I simply suggested that a rig of two bodies
with either a 50/90 or 35/75 combo would give the flexibility and ease of
use Luis would want, based only on my experience.  I certainly think that,
were Luis going to the Great Plains as you mentioned, a 135 would be in
order.  Heck, if he were going to a ballgame, a 135 might be in order.  But
he is not going to either of those places, is he?

Max