Subject: [Leica] Another camera classic bites the dust
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri May 27 14:04:07 2005

Well, you're young and you find something to be "special"...
LOMO is/was a youngster's statement/discovery. And, one must say, some folks
in Vienna marketed it very well. So the crowd hopped on the trend. And then
it became trendy to call it "pass?".
Sure, it takes crappy photos. But some are at least very interesting.
As is the case with any other photo taken with any other camera.
It's not about the camera, it's about the photographer IMO.
And you cannot deny that the LOMO movement drew a LOT of people back to
photography. Which isn't that bad, is it?