Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL Flash troubles - I need help
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed May 11 14:14:38 2005

Louis.. I think you are doing everything right..... except...

When testing a new gadget, it is best to use known and unchanging static
testing with only 1 variable.. the new piece.  in this I mean to use known
film, processed in a known and repeatable way.  I think you are using C41
film usually, and on this occasion you used a B+W negative film.  Comparing
A to B becomes impossible.

GO back.... shoot Slide film, E6 slide film.  That is a well known process,
and your results will be an original rather than a second generation image
( C41 film then printed to paper..... there are unknown variables here.)

If the E6 looks good, then your flash and camera are working correctly.  If
it looks bad, THEN you can start to look for problems.....

BTW< I am doing just what  am telling you to do.  I have a new piece of
equipment and some E6 film.  When the Chromes are processed, I will know if
the new piece is correct, or if it has problems......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] M6 TTL Flash troubles - I need help)