Subject: [Leica] Strange Clouds - LUG Meteorologists, please.
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue May 10 12:46:15 2005

Mitch Zeissler said he saw them in Iowa right before the tubes started
coming down!

OK some more info; it had just rained - the picture doesn't show theglare
all
around with this very heavy rain cloud overhead moving East. The area really
did
remind me of Close Encounters at the time and became much more localised as
it
faded.

The comment on tornadoes are intersting, because we have started to see/hear
more about them over here in the past few years, but I had no idea what
these
clouds could imply...

thanks again...I knew someone on the LUG would rise to the occasion.

Peter