Subject: [Leica] Pens: thoughts before I leave
From: rlbunting at lucent.com (Bunting, Roger L (Roger))
Date: Tue May 3 06:51:56 2005

My Waterman Opera is one of my favorite fountain pens. Levenger had them
on sale for a while. I have yet to buy a parker, but their Sonnet tempts
me from time to time. What is a good Parker fine nib model?

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA

Jeffery,

Between my wife and I, we have two Parker Duofolds. I have a Centennial
(extra fine) and a Mandarin (modified to flex/fine by John Mottishaw
www.nibs.com <http://www.nibs.com> ). She has an International with fine
nib. Parker nibs are very smooth, a bit stiff (I prefer this for some jobs)
and very consistent. Because of the "stiffness", they keep their shape very
well.

I have a Waterman LeMan 100 which is the dressed down version of the Opera.
An excellent pen. I have it in both fine and medium nibs. The Parker
extra-fine is close to the Waterman fine nib in line width and wetness. The
nice thing about the Parkers is that they (used to at least) have a nib
exchange program so if you haven't abused the nib in any way, you have a few
weeks to exchange it (mail it in to the service center).

Regards,
Roger /leica35@yahoo.com
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/Leica35