Subject: [Leica] RE: digital/film/guitar debate
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon May 2 08:52:44 2005

To keep it on topics, when I plug my Gibson L4 into my
Polytone Minibrute II, it's a musical sensation similar to
the photog sensation of shooting HP5+ with my M6. It
just seems basic and right and produces a pleasing and
more or less predictable response.

As for guitar gear listing,

Gibson L4 (main axe, just makes "that" sound)
Heritage Sweet 16 (gotta sell it, it's lonely)
Ibanez AS 180 (great bargain in a semi-hollow)
Anderson Cobra (fantastic, versatile instrument)
Hamer Studio Custom (great top, love this guitar)
Parker Deluxe (it's the "digital" of my guitar collection)
Nasty late 80's USA Strat (gotta find a worthy teen to donate it to)

Mesa Boogie Mark III with wood cab and cane grill
Polytone Minibrute II
Fender Princeton Tremolo (no verb, nicely rehabbed)
Fender Pro Junior (crank it with a tube screamer)

Ibanez Tube Screamer (nice for warming up a tone too)
Yamaha DG Stomp (nice tones in there, actually)
Boss Loop machine (loads and loads of fun)

Only a few classics in the mix, but it keeps me happy :-)

Zappa says "Music is the best," but I like photography because
it gets me out of the house more :-)

Scott