Subject: [Leica] Picture compression and storage
From: ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter)
Date: Wed Apr 27 08:07:46 2005

Scott,

I usually save in LZW-compressed TIFF and uncompress before I have
to use an application that does not support it. Using Photoshop
in batch mode helps when you have to process many pictures.

Also, I do backups on DVDs. You can get fast writers cheap these
days. I generate thumbnails and store them in addition to the
pictures.

BTW, once I have corrected leveling and colors, in my experience,
storing using 8bit is good enough.

Best Regards,

Roland.