Subject: [Leica] Doing your Kid's Wedding
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Tue Apr 26 13:36:23 2005

Let me answer with a true story:

When my brother married, they engaged a professional wedding photographer
with good credentials. Loaded with cameras and stuff, he photographed the
wedding from beginning to end and some time later showed his selection (a
zillion pictures). They were all by the book: everybody who had to be on it
was on it, everybody smiled, the vaseline shots were there, etc etc.
Amongst the invited was also a friend of my brother, who happens to be a
photo amateur and brought just a tiny P&S camera. He enjoyed the wedding and
took some photographs from time to time: 1 roll.
I saw the result of that one roll. All of the shots on it -even not always
technically perfect- vibrated with the true atmosphere of the wedding. They
all ended up in my brother's wedding album. And untill today, these are the
ones my brother and sister in law are the most fond of.

So I think it might be a good idea to take your camera along and make some
shots as a backup for the official man. Just tell your wife you'll take some
pictures, because you like to take some pictures. Play the underdog. I bet
your shots will be the ones your son loves the most.