Subject: [Leica] CL vs. CLE
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Apr 25 20:21:38 2005

Richard,

I have a CL bought from Sonny last year, and I have found it to be a
very reliable little travel camera. Most of the pictures on my Seville
site are shot with it. The rangefinder base is short, so trying to focus
a 90mm lens accurately is a bit hit or miss. But with the 40mm lens it
works fine.

The CL is the Leica model. After Leica discontinued it, Minolta carried
on and made the CLE. It has more automation (an aperture-priority mode)
and as far as I remember it has some quirky feature, like the meter not
working in manual mode or something like that. I would get the CL over
the CLE.

Nathan