Subject: [Leica] baseball shoot! :-) Leica and digital working like a dream!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Apr 25 08:38:00 2005

Steve Barbour resonded to:
Subject: Re: [Leica] baseball shoot! :-) Leica and digital working like a
dream!

Steve said:
> sleep well Ted... feel better in the morning....<

Howdy Steve,
Good morning good doctor, thanks for the advice! :-) And surprise, surprise
I made another night, it worked.

Well OK I feel some better but I'm sure a month lying on the beach in Hawaii
or some other location with warm beaches, water and semi-clad females would
really do wonders for my aches, pains and without question, use of my
Leica's, long lenses and 20D! ;-)

Now if you'd write a prescription for some R&R in just such a location I can
run it by she who must be obeyed and tell her..."Doctor Steve gave this as
medical advice!" ;-) Oh yeah I forgot you know her and yes I agree, she
probably would tell you and I just what to do with a prescription of that
sort. ;-)

And those big colour prints I made last evening shot with the 20D and Leica
80-200 f4.0 on a Epson 2200 while shooting baseball yesterday?

They sure look beautiful in daylight! :-) Even the action looks better! So I
guess I haven't lost my re-action to action touch at shooting sports. ;-)

And yes I still feel, even more so, I will not use film to shoot sports of
any kind in the future. It's quite simple really, the photos look much
better, have a quality and look film through R8's and the same lens just
doesn't cut it! I am looking forward to photography through a 400mm shortly
covering the same subject and 20D.

You see I waited a long time for the R8's as I needed 3 of them in how I
work. Another 3 years for the motor drive. And I wouldn't trade them for the
world.  However, like many others, I've waited for Leica to get off their
collective asses to produce the R8-9 digi back. As unfortunate as it is for
them it seems "Mr. Canon has blown them out of the water, period!"

Certainly now that I can use any Leica lens I own on the 20D and produce
prints that blow people away when they see the printed photography.

Thanks again for the advice. A few more take it easy days and I'll be back
to regular form. :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] baseball shoot! :-) Leica and digital working like a dream!)
Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re:Black ZI)