Subject: [Leica] Re:OT Nikons new cameras
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Apr 24 23:36:02 2005

On 4/24/05 5:37 PM, "Karen Nakamura" <mail@gpsy.com> typed:

> At 9:48 AM -0500 05.4.24, Christopher Williams wrote:
>> The F100 killed the F5 sales. The F100 is Nikon's best film SLR. Unless
>> you
>> want to spend $2600 on the F6.
>
> Right now, the F6 is the best selling film camera in Japan.
>
> Which isn't saying much. It's like saying that Rolexes are the best
> selling mechanical watch in the United States, conveniently
> forgetting the market for digital watches.
>
> Karen

Amazing how an analogy between a mechanical watch and a camera which takes
film is right on the money after so few years!

You had me going there Karen at first I though I'd read.
"the F6 is the best selling camera in Japan" and I was all set to pack up
and move!

Still "the F6 is the best selling film camera in Japan." is very cheery
news!

99 percent of the people on the Nikon list last year would have bet you
their electric car that there will be no more Nikon Fs forever.
Film is dead we insistently hear.
Well it just ain't so.

Mark Rabiner
Photography