Subject: [Leica] OT Nikons new cameras
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Apr 20 18:30:43 2005

On 4/20/05 6:13 PM, "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> typed:

> I just received a push email giving a few brief facts on two new Nikon
> DSLRs.  There is a new D50 at 6 MP and small and light.  Whoopee, that
> is certainly earthshaking revolutionary product.
>
> The second is the D70s also a 6MP camera that at least will shoot 144
> consecutive shots at 3fps.  Of course there is an asterisk on that claim
> so I am sure there is a card speed and a file size requirement.
>
> Couple that with a price decrease and a rebate on the 20D from Canon,
> Nikon's stupidity at trying a proprietary RAW format, and some pretty
> aggressive pricing on the Pentax *istD doesn't leave much hope for
> Nikon.  Has anybody received their D2x?
>
> 0.02
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

Don't say NEF to that old lady!

NEF rules! Is about the most highly thought of of the RAW's.

NEF to RAW is like KLEENEX to tissues.
"Pass the Scotties"  ????

Nikon will come out with a scaled down in size to match the revolutionary
*istD formally known as Pentax any day now.

Nikon is doing just fine.

My Other Leica is a Nikon.

Plus like used Hasselblad glass Nikon used glass is now free.
But only one focal length per customer.

Oh there's a modest handling fee.
But for all practical purposes you're getting all kinds of classic really
great glass for free now.
Thanks to digital.

Mark Rabiner
Photography