Subject: [Leica] Photojournalists and permission
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 19 17:00:54 2005

On 4/19/05 4:23 PM, "Karen Nakamura" <mail@gpsy.com> typed:

>>> There ARE no rules - just compassion, and caring, and (I hope)
>>> kindness. The rest is conscience.
>>
>> Exactly. This is the crux. Rules lead to rigidity, and tend towards
>> censorship and discrimination.
>
> I think people need to make up their own mind. Golly gosh, are people
> so slow that they don't bother to read posts? Come up with your own
> ethical standards and try to stick by them. But if you're called on
> them, you should also be prepared to justify them (which is why HCB
> is such a hypocrite).
>
> My rules are my rules based on my situation. I *never* said that I
> thought that anyone had to adopt them.

Yep but for a guy who clamed to not like having his picture taken the amount
of shots I've seen of him over the past years he's like General Macarthur
carefully crafting his own image.
Its almost as if HCB was a model. And in effect he was.

And he was in that French feature film.

I think HCB was into his image. He just wanted to control it.
Have only the best people shoot him.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon