Subject: [Leica] Re: Macro comparison
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Apr 13 09:12:19 2005

Mark and Phil,
I've been using both lenses and some others for the past 10 days, about 1100
macro and normal shots so far, and the Leica just isn't up to the quality of
the
Yashica for what I'm doing.The other Leica lenses used for larger flower
shots,
Summicron 2/35 Summicron 2/50, 28mm have all been spot on, as have a Zeiss
1,7/50 and a Pentax 2,5/135mm.I don't think I have a "focus blindness" on
this
one particular lens, particularly considering the fact that it has mostly
been
used at f16 or f22. Focussed wide open and then stopped down to the working
aperture. Even with a viewfinder magnifier the results probably wouldn't be
any
better. I think the flower pictures prove the point. If not, the focus chart
shots may.
And to be quite honest about it, I'll stick with the lens that's producing
the
best results.
cheers
Douglas