Subject: [Leica] Macro Comparison Leica v. Yashica
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Apr 12 13:41:23 2005

I am stunned - and I am not bullshitting - to see that the Yashica is
markedly superior to the Leica in terms of rendering detail. As you
note, however, the Leica's rendering of the brass color is less harsh
than that of the Yashica. If what matters is the detail, the Yaschica is
the clear winner. But I wonder what the outcome would be if using both
lenses to shoot a more general subject, say a portrait, or a scene,
where color rendition might trump fine detail in importance.

In any case, it's a real eye opener.

B. D.