Subject: [Leica] OT: Computers
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Apr 11 04:10:06 2005

Roger,

I have ben involved from the early days with both PC and Mac (as have
several
others on the list). For what it's worth my 2p/2c worth is this:

If you want to run Photoshop or clones a large percentage of the time, can
afford a good screen and may be prepared to resrict yourself a little - but
not
much - in what PC software you can use then get an Apple everytime. Don't be
tricked by the speeds, most PCs require more cycles per instruction than
Macs do
and so the speeds tend to even out to the point where you won't know the
difference.

WRT Viruses, if you aren't using PC Software (ie W98/XP/2k etc) and if you
steer
clear of IE, Outlook etc and run Netscape or similar you are in general less
vulnerable, but ALWAYS use a good Anti-virus package.

If I recall right the Mikon supports Apples explicitly.

Peter Dzwig