Subject: [Leica] leica digital back; now marketing will save Leica?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun Apr 10 17:01:07 2005

on 4/10/05 2:52 PM, Rick Dykstra at rdcb37@dodo.com.au wrote:

> Here's a solution I thought up the other day, while waiting for a bird
> to land on a stick.
>
> You order a Leica product from a local camera shop and the very next
> day it leaves Leica's warehouse directly to your address.  No shipping
> to a national distributor.  No shipping to the shop.  No wondering
> whose fingerprints or scratch marks are on the item.  If a shop wants
> stock of a popular item, it works the same.

When I first got my 400mm f/6.8 Telyt in 1980 or so, I ordered from the
store, store told E. Leitz NY where to send it, I got my lens.  Only they
didn't ship the next day, and it was from a national distributor, not
Wetzlar.  I was glad it wasn't from Wetzlar, it took long enough as it was
to ship from NY to Alaska.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com