Subject: [Leica] OT: Computers
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Apr 10 16:21:21 2005

I bought the exact iMac G5 you're considering about six months ago
and am using it with a Microtek 9800XL scanner to scan and catalog 50
years of slides and negatives  and handle all my new digital photos.
It's a rocket, easy to set up and use and, like almost all the other
Mac's I've used over the last 20 years, been highly reliable.   Count
this as a strong recommendation.

>I'm going to have to purchase a new computer. I have
>no experience using an Apple computer, but since my
>photography hobby is demanding hours of scanning,
>editing and more dedicated computer support I'm
>thinking that this is the time to make the move to
>Apple.

(snip)

--
Regards,