Subject: [Leica] OT: Computers
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Apr 10 16:30:50 2005

At 12:46 AM 4/11/05 +0200, Didier Ludwig wrote:

>Myself I prefer PC's because of the cheaper price, and fiddling is no
>challenge for me; but for one that is not so PC-savvy, a Mac could be the
>better choice.

As my 22-year old son keeps reminding me, "Macs are for really young kids
and really old folks:  PC's are for people who want to accomplish something".

In the end, Macs sell well to schools for use by young kids, to graphics
freaks, and to old guys who are not willing to endure the learning curve
most of us went through in the 1980's.  Otherwise, they do not sell at all.

Apple does have a resemblance to Leica though, unlike Leica, it cannot
state a claim to possess an absolute mastery to a portion of the business.
Whoops!  Allow me to amend that statement ... since the advent of these
merry-go-round Leica RF models, they can no longer claim to have any claim
to owning the mechanical-camera field.  I suppose that claim would now pass
to Rolleiflex with their rather odd FX models and the like.

Are there any mechanical cameras yet in production?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] OT: Computers)