Subject: [Leica] Re: leica digital back; now marketing will save Leica?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Apr 10 12:55:26 2005

It's a lot easier to survive 400,000 exposures when the average M owner
is probably shooting at one frame per week ;-), not 8 per second! :-)
Seriously though, think about the fact that for the vast majority of
Leica owners, whether pro or am, are shooting, and cocking the shutter
much less often, and much more gently, than the motors in today's
cameras are slamming the damn thing. So it's no surprise that the M
shutter has twice the 'shot life.' :-)