Subject: [Leica] Taking photos during school play
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Apr 10 09:44:13 2005

Don't get me started about parents and litigation.

I tried to make a documentary about Pony Club. The local clubs were
delighted with the thought - but as soon as it was discussed at a
meeting a variety of parents, ALL of them lawyers by the way, objected
- saying they would withdraw their children or we would have to make
sure that their children's faces didn't appear EVEN IN OUTTAKE
FOOTAGE. Hysteria doesn't begin to convey the tone of the meetings. It
wasn't worth it and we quit trying. Maybe I'll pick it back up again
with the gymkhana groups who seem a LOT less yuppie.

I am coming to have a profound dislike for parents who are lawyers.
Common sense doesn't apply to them. Parents who are judges, on the
other hand, are great. I guess it's age and experience that yields
wisdom. It sure isn't law school.

Adam