Subject: [Leica] Taking photos during school play
From: gwpics at netscape.net (Gerry walden)
Date: Thu Apr 7 23:30:36 2005

I am sorry, but I think the drama director was absolutely right if maybe
a little over zealous under the circumstances. The production, the stage
set, the costumes, the lighting etc. etc. would all have been copyright
in their own right so it is not only the copyright of Rogers and
Hammerstein that has to be taken into consideration.

You would quite likely have been banned for totally different reasons
here in the UK. About 99% of all photography in schools is now banned in
case you are a paedophile, and if I am doing any commercial job
involving school children (e.g. a charity cheque presentation to the
school) the school has to ensure the specific permission of the parents
of every single child involved. My own daughter (estranged from me)
raised hell recently because her son was included in the class photo.

Gerry

  Gerry Walden

www.gwpics.com <http://www.gwpics.com/>

www.photographersdirect.com/gwpics