Subject: [Leica] thank you for the sprout recipe
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Apr 5 08:41:39 2005

Philippe Orlent wrote:
> True.
> We call that technique (translated in English): frighten them :-)

Same in Germany Philippe - Rosenkohl abschrecken - I believe however the
correct term is actually French, Blancher (or something like that?) to
Blanch (posh English cooks)or Blanchieren (posh German cooks do it too).
I like them with bacon bits fried with a finely chopped shallot or
spring onion added and a pinch of freshly coarse ground black pepper.
My wife likes putting nutmeg on them, IMO it ruins them.
Douglas

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] thank you for the sprout recipe)
Reply from hlritter at mindspring.com (Howard L Ritter, Jr) ([Leica] thank you for the sprout recipe)