Subject: [Leica] [Leica}"Digging" now available - BUY THIS BOOK!
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:26:28 2004

I have not yet seen this book in published form, but I have had the
privilege of seeing the PDF:

It is an absolute stunner; one of the best photo books I have ever seen.
While it does document the work of the men who dug the Big Dig, calling
what Michael has produced a "documentary photography" project doesn't
begin to do it justice. The photographs that make up digging are truly
works of art. In fact, the interplay of shapes, forms, shadows and
light; the mastery of composition; the ironic juxtaposition of objects,
reminds me of nothing so much as the work of HCB.

This is an absolute "must have" for every LUGer's bookshelf. In fact, it
is a 'must have' for anyone who cares seriously about serious
photography.

B. D.