Subject: [Leica] FWI: Vermeer, light, and the camera
From: pwerner at bluewin.ch (Peter Werner)
Date: Wed Mar 30 21:20:09 2005

The earliest record of the uses of a camera obscura can be found in the
writings of Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519). At about the same period
Daniel Barbaro, a Venetian, recommended the camera as an aid to drawing
and perspective.

For more details about the camera obscura see

http://www.rleggat.com/photohistory/history/cameraob.htm
http://brightbytes.com/cosite/what.html
http://www.grand-illusions.com/vermeer/vermeer1.htm

Peter Werner

Frazier
> Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 06:46
> To: Leica Group; MUGers@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Leica] FWI: Vermeer, light, and the camera
>
> I just mentioned, in my reply to Ted, that I had not forgotten
Vermeer,