Subject: [Leica] FWI: Vermeer, light, and the camera
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed Mar 30 20:46:17 2005

I just mentioned, in my reply to Ted, that I had not forgotten Vermeer,
a reference to a comment by Ted made some time ago.

That triggered my curiosity and I checked out the extensive Vermeer
website:

http://tinyurl.com/5sm97

On this page of the website, in the pop-ups, it is mentioned that some
scholars have speculated that Vermeer used a "camera obscura" in
creating the painting of the "Girl with a Pearl Earring," which is a
classic "statement" of shooting from the shadow side.

Nothing new under the sun!!!

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier