Subject: [Leica] tropical rain and equipment
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Wed Mar 30 16:30:17 2005

biggest problem i have encountered with most equipment is the transition
from an airconditioned hotel room to the outside.that will cause
condensation inside most stuff  instantly. easily solved by wrapping stuff
inside a few bags and allow everything to heat up while still inside the
bag(s)
for operation in torrential rain near the intertropical front/convergence
zone,may i suggest to put the camera inside a thin plastic bag like the
cheap ones used to wrap sandwiches in ;tape the opening to the lens using
narrow double sided tape (major hassle cutting regular double sided tape in
half)all controls wil be usable through the thin plastic.
changing film will be awkward but the bags usually come in 50 or 100 size
cartons and the tape will remain sticky for a few  bag changes .Yes you will
have to wrap those in bags as well.another thing that might help is an
assistant with an oversized umbrella.
equatorial  rain can be amazing.wish you loads of fun.
best ,simon jessurun
p.s. doesn,t the nature photographer Lanting have a site with some tips
somewhere?